Tuesday, March 30, 2010

To be a mom, yet not a mom

Yep that it how to sum up, my part in the family. Let me tell ya how it is in the house, it is my dads house, so in comes Papa. Then there is me, in comes Tina, my son was born 12 1/2 years ago, we moved in when he was 6 months, so 12 years ago, in comes Kenny. I met a wonderful woman who has gratiously agreed to be my partner, she moved down from Oregon about 2 1/2 years ago, in comes Suzanna.

Ok I work from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Suzanna usually works 11:30m - 8:30pm 4-5 days a week, she never has the same set days off. Papa does not work, at least right now. He usually does seasonal road construction, but the last couple of years for health reasons he has not been able to work. Kenny is in the 6th grade, I drop him off at school before I go to work, and Papa picks him up at 2:50pm. So there is 2 hours before I get off, about 2:20 minutes before I get home. His homework is hardly ever done, correction, hardly ever even started!! Unless Suzanna is home, she gets him to get it done. But Papa, can not seem to get him to do anything!! Homework, chores, pick up his dish!! anything!!! It is very frustrating to walk through the door and get blasted with, "Kenny is not doing what I say, he is being a little shit". Over and over... I finally told my dad about 3 months ago, that it needs to stop, I can not handle coming home and not even being able to take my jacket off, or put my wallet down. I told him, how come you are like this with him, you were not this way when I was a kid.

I understand that I am too old to be living at home, but I am working on changing that, I am working on getting a Bachelor in Accounting, after that I am going to apply for better paying jobs, and work on getting Suzanna, Kenny, and I our own house.

I love my dad with all my heart, he has had it rough the last 11 years. With my mom getting cancer and going through chemo's and radiation, knowing that it was terminal, knowing that nothing would help. They were prolonging what life she had for the grandkids. I love my dad he is one of my heros.

I just get so frustrated because everytime I try to parent my child, it only works for a while, and then Papa is giving in to Kenny, or just letting it slide..

Anyway, I am glad that I have this blog to let my thoughts out! I am not sure if anyone reads, and it does not really matter too much.

Off for somedinner and then to find my center.. need to calm these anxious feelings, ground them down, and fill myself with positive...

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment