Wednesday, July 6, 2011

oh joy

It feels like a Monday, even though I know it is Wednesday. Had Monday off from work, but called in sick yesterday. Oh this past weekend was bad.... for the past couple of weeks I have had a salivary gland stone that would not come out, well Thursday the gland decided to start swelling up. So I started the heat packs and massaging the gland. But it was not good, by Saturday I had a huge lump under my jaw, and it HURT to eat - chew, swallow. I had to basically put myself on a smoothie and liquid diet. Sunday, the inside of my mouth started swelling, it was so not good!! Woke up Monday and decided enough was enough, called and the walkin clinic was open. As I did not have a vehicle, I called a good friend and she came and took me. The nurse practitioner there said about the same as the doctor said the last time - hot/warm compress, try to milk (be rubbing and massaging the gland) and gave me an antibiotic. I slept so much that day!! And yesterday, I slept more then usually, but today, is the first day that I woke and did not feel the inside of my mouth swelled up. So I guess that I will try to go to work. I have to remember to take my heat pad, and my liquid drinks... now off to make a smoothie to get my day started.
Oh, and tonight I have two esssay due!! OH JOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment