Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fear

My one big fear about my son being in Boy Scouts is when he leaves for summer camp. Is he going to be ok? Is he going to come back to me?

I ask these of myself every year when summer camp comes around. The reasons why? I remember once on vacation visiting Yellowstone Park. After watching 'Ol Faithful, we decided to eat lunch in the vehicle as a big rain storm broke out. As we were there, lighting struck the platform (where people watch the geiser) later I found out that a Boy Scout died after being struck by lighting.

A few years later, a Boy Scout summer camp was devastated by tornadoes.

My son got back safe and sound this year on Monday night. Today I read a news release about a Nevada Boy Scout drowning! My heart sunk!!! He disappeared while scuba diving, and was found 30 minutes later.

Yes, I know the scouts are teaching my son many things, but it is still the fear that accidents happen!

My blessings go to family and troop today.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment