Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Turkey Day.

So. The ex husband is in town visiting his family for the holiday.  Brought his new girlfriend. I don't really care one way of the other about him or his girl friend, but he needs to spend time with his first born child. Who just so happens to be my son, who is 15 now. 

First I had to deal with drama from the wife (mine), she does not like my ex... um news flash NEITHER DO I!! hence the reason why we are not together... don't give me a bunch of stress, I am stressing too!!

Then, he asks if I could bring the boy out to his dads house the next day. I should have said no, but being polite I said I would. The next day dawns.... which so happens to be Thursday aka. Thanksgiving Day aka. Turkey Day.  The boy took forever to wake up and by the time he did, I was entrenched in cleaning the kitchen, starting the turkey, and cooking a Gluten Free Pumpkin Drop Cake:
I had lots of dishes to do as the pots and pans have been stacking the last couple of days... that is another reason why the dish that this cake (and the suffing) is cooked in were picked up at Family Dollar. $1.50 for two pans... steel! haha

Then it came time and I had to get the Gluten Free Stuffing in  the oven.
The last few years when roasting a turkey I also make a stock of the neck and other inards that come with the bird. I don't use those organs just the stock to make the stuffing. I had to do two stuffings this year. One gluten free and one regular boxed.
I did cheat and make instant potatoes. But anyway... my turkey turned out awesome!!
It was so moist.... still moist later when I when to put it away...

Our dinner was not much more than just turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce... but no one complained. What a good day.

All in all, the boy never did make it to his dads famiily. We tried calliing, but his phone was either off or dead. 

So today, he calls and then coming by and has the nerve to ask if I will take the boy all the way out to his dads, so I said no. I am busy with homework and housework today. I feel proud of myself!!

T



No comments:

Post a Comment