Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tax Season

Tax Season, yes capitilized like a title because it is. It is the time of year where bookkeepers, tax professionals, CPA's and many others are kept busy. Sometimes they push themselves to work 12-15 hour days just to get people's taxes complete.  The only other time that I have worked Tax Season in a CPA office was about 9 years ago! I did not like it; let me repeat I DID NOT LIKE IT! And that bugged me! I like working with numbers. Sometimes I even love it. So when I made a choice to go back to college and further my education. I thought really hard and even though TAX SEASON scared me, the rest of working at the CPA's was great!!! I wanted to provide that service to people. So my aim is to become a CPA.  A 'certified public accountant'. 

I have completed just recently my Bachelors of Science in Accounting.  I did really well in school. Graduated with a 3.96 GPA. I was honored to be asked to become a member of my colleges Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society. I want to continue to acheive a Masters degree and then study for the CPA exam.  I am thinking that I should have gone for the CPA exam first. But I know that with the Masters I will have more knowledge under my belt (along with my loans! augh).  What brought this on was that there is only one CPA at the firm (always has been just one!!) that can sign off on everything!! He is one the pushed to have me part-time when he found out I was going to school. I digress.... I was thinking that if I can get my CPA license than I can help the flow move better. But I did some reaserch and found out that I am on the best road that I can be. Get the Masters in Business Admin concentration in Accounting first. That would guarentee enough college hours to sit the exam. So I had better study hard, learn lots, and keep a positive outlook!

Speaking of positive outlook~  I am working part time at the same CPA firm that I did back 9 years ago. I am surviving so far this Tax Season.  I am learning a lot. It is a rush when you can input a corporations nubmers in the tax program and have the balance sheet match and have the income be the same as the financials!! RUSH I tell ya!! What really happens is there are several different programs that the office uses. But the accounting one is supposed "to flow" into the tax program.  There are some things that don't and you have to input them, such as depreciation  and owners disbursements and draws.
YES nice feeling to be able to complete a tax return and KNOW it is correct to the best of the data provided!!

Well, gonna pay a few bills online as well as truck registration then turn in.  9 more days till Tax Season is over! This week is going to be hell!!! No, positive outlook!!! Not hell, just Tax Season! hahahahahahaha I have my hay co-op job which has a deadline the same day as tax day; I have a college class that just started. So essays due Wednesday, Monday, and then Wednesday. Busy, busy, busy week!!!

Signing off now... Merry Meet, Merry Part, until we Meet Again.

Blessed Be.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment