Thursday, May 26, 2011

TV trays can be DEADLY!!

Ok, I am not a fan of TV trays to begin with, but they are a convenience item. They are used in my house regularly. Yes, I admit we are not a family that sits down at the dining room table to eat. To many different work schedules, as well as cats that have their food up there. (yeah disgusting!!! not going to be when we move into our own place!!!!) so anyway, the tv trays....

Last night I after closed the living room blinds, I stepped back and turned I was going to grab a bowl and spoon to take to the kitchen. My right foot got stuck in the chair (the foot rest part.. don't ask why or how- it just did). My momentum was going though and so I was now going forward and DOWN! There was a tv tray right there, it collapsed under me. I almost got impaled by the leg. My left knee slammed down into the carpet. I am not sure where my right hand come down at, but my middle finger and knuckle were/are hurting. My left wrist connected with a stored play pen, right between the pinkie and ring finger knuckles. I will save you on all the language that I said in the following 10 seconds, than the pain of my left knee registered. Tears, more cuss words, tears, more cuss words... by that time Suzanna was over to help me. She straighten the tv tray, and was waiting for me to recover. It took a minute, but I got up.

SO.............I HURT!!! Here it is the next day... I can feel a bruise on the right leg, my left knee is tender and has a bruise.. (I bruise QUICKLY!!) My left wrist hurts, just plain hurts. It hurts to type too much (so what do I do... BLOG.. *shaking my head*) Both of my wrists hurt as well as my shoulders and my neck. But the worst is my stomach. I am serious when I said I was almost impaled!! I have a big lump and bruise about an inch under my rib and about 3 inches to the left of center. I am sitting up pretty dang straight, as it hurts to slouch..

anyway, there is my story and I am sticking to it...

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo sorry to hear that story. It sounds just awful. I hope you haven't done anything too serious. Isn't it amazing how these things happen so quickly. Often it is the confined space that does the most damage.
    Get well soon!
    Regarding TV trays, I agree. When the family was at home, we always sat up at the table, but now there is just the two of us, we have a tray and sit on chairs in front of the TV. Trouble is, we have to be careful with the trays because they are both slippery. Whoever designed them must never have used one because it is so easy for the plate to slip off them. No wonder they were cheap when I bought them!
    Let us know how you progress with the recovery, please.

    ReplyDelete